THE US GRANT is committed to doing the right thing for the environment, our guests, our meeting planners, for the community in which we operate, and for the world. Sustainability is one of the key investments we have made at THE US GRANT. Our efforts include:
Energy & Water Conservation
- High Efficiency Lighting with LED Exit Sigs
- Fluorescent Lamps and Occupancy Sensors
- Automatic Flushometers and Faucets
- Low-flow showerheads (2.4 gallons per minute) and low-flow toilets (1.6 gallons per flush)
- ENERGY STAR office equipment
- Reduced hot water settings for kitchen and laundry
- Dish and cloth washers operated only with full loads
- Environmentally friendly, healthy cleaning products
- Use of recycled paper products
- Back of house recycling program for paper, plastic and glass
- Hazardous/Controlled Waste Management
- Elimination of Styrofoam products
- Used soap recycling program through “Clean the World”
- E-folio option for guests
- Recycle of kitchen oil to Biofuel company
Sustainable Food & Beverage
- Elimination of threatened seafood species from menus
- Sustainable menu offerings, including products such as organic and fair trade coffee, free range and grass-fed meats, local produce whenever possible and vegetarian meal selections.
Sustainable Meetings & Events
- Options include: Electronic Sales Tools, Socially Conscious Meeting Program, Recycled Paper Products, Potted Plant Display Option, Linenless Meeting Table Option, Environmentally Friendly Chafing Fuel, Bulk Water and Condiment Dispensing, Sustainable Menu Options, Green Transportation Options
Make a Green Choice
- Stimulate environmental savings with each day you decline housekeeping during your stay of 2 or more nights at THE US GRANT.
- A single day of participation in our Make a Green Choice program will conserve 37 Gallons of Water, .19 kWh of Energy, and 25,000 BTU’s of Gas.
- As our thank you for making a green choice, guests receive 500 Starpoints for each night housekeeping is declined
- Guests may enroll in Make a Green Choice upon check-in.